Seven Tips to Beginning Your Cleansing
1. Planning ahead is essential in successful Cleanse Days. Knowing in advance what days you’ll be cleansing can help you become mentally prepared. Before Cleanse Days, take the time to look over your Cleanse Day Schedule and customize it to fit your day, ensuring you will have access to all your cleansing tools throughout the day. Make sure that you are setting yourself up for success on your Cleanse Day. If you have plans for a family dinner at your favorite restaurant, or have a physically exhaustive workout planned, then a Shake Day might be more suitable.
2. Doing at least two Shake Days can help prepare your body for a Cleanse Day. You should never ever go into a Cleanse Day if you’re feeling unwell, run-down, or having digestive problems like constipation. Be sure to start out with as many Shake Days as you think appropriate before doing Cleanse Days. Shakes can assist with digestive regularity and supporting muscle growth and maintenance and are a great protein source before a Cleanse Day.
3. One of the worst things that can happen to anyone on Cleanse Days is finding yourself opening the fridge only to spot that leftover chocolate cake. Don’t let that happen to you! Clean out any junk food in advance.
4. Staying properly hydrated is always a goal to aim for daily, but it’s particularly important during a Cleanse Day. Making sure that you are drinking enough fluids, which is about two liters for the average person, can prevent the onset of headaches and other troubles.
5. Don’t put yourself in the position where you might be tempted to quit your Cleanse Day. Keep yourself busy and the day will fly. That means getting your mind off of the fact that you’re abstaining from food and onto other things like your personal health and wellness goals.
6. As busy as you’ll be on Cleanse Days, it might be to easy to forget to take your next allotted serving, snack, or glass of water. By setting an alarm or reminder on your phone, you can help be sure to make the most of your Cleanse Day.
7. You don’t need to schedule any grueling workout. But engaging in any form of light exercise can be a healthy distraction during Cleanse Days. Additionally, the physical activity can be useful for helping to maintain regular bowel habits, support metabolism, and may even help suppress appetite.